Benefits of Fig Oil for Face
Our Fig Seed Oil (Ficus carica) is Cold Pressed from the seeds of the fig fruit, which we love to eat, for that sweet and juicy experience. Our Fig Oil is Unrefined, maintaining all of its beneficial nutrients. Nothing else is added. It is Undiluted and 100% pure. It ships in an amber glass dropper bottle, which maintains its purity.
[This Fig Seed Oil is completely different to Barbary Fig Oil, (also known as Prickly Pear Oil / Opuntia ficus indica), which comes from a wild fig, related to the cactus family.]
Whereas this Fig Seed Oil (Ficus carica), has a completely different nutritional profile. It can be used as a luxury Facial Oil, which provides unique benefits for your skin:
1) Fig Oil contains an active enzyme, which gently exfoliates dead cells from your skin. You will see radiant skin revealed, without the need for rough scrubs, or harsh chemical peels.
2) Figs contain polyphenolic flavonoids, such as carotenes, lutein, tannins, and chlorogenic acid, which are potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatories.
Figs contain from 4 to 50 times more bioflavonoid antioxidants than do other fruits.
Watch our easy video on Fig Seed Oil here:
3) Healthy skin starts with minerals. Minerals are the building blocks of skin tissue. Of all common fruits, dried figs have the highest overall mineral content.
Unrefined, Cold Pressed Fig Seed Oil, retains its many minerals, such as Manganese and Selenium. Minerals are involved in the skin’s hydration, detoxification, and immunity to inflammation.
Scientific studies have proven that topically-applied minerals have the ability to penetrate to the basal layer and indeed be absorbed into the deepest layers of the skin.
4) Fig Seed Oil contains 40% of Omega-3, 30% of Omega-6 and 17% of Omega-9, and these ratios are not even seen in fish oil. The high omega 3 fatty acids in figs keep the skin well-moisturized and conditioned.
Fig Oil contains similar amounts of ALA (omega-3 fatty acids) as flaxseed and chia oil. Topical application of Omega 3 to skin, results in an anti-inflammatory response, and a deep moisturization.
Fig Oil contains twice as much Omega-3 as fish oil, making this edible oil a powerful health remedy. Drink 1 teaspoon a day, instead of taking fish oil capsules.
5) Unrefined, Cold Pressed Fig Seed Oil contains 5 times more Vitamin E than Argan oil, making it the top oil to be used in hair preparations, and scar tissue healing. It is known as one of the richest sources of Vitamin E from any plant.
HOW TO USE FIG SEED OIL
Apply a few drops to cleansed skin, to experience this luxurious, anti-aging oil, or massage it into the roots of you hair, so that your new hair will grow out glossier than ever.
Blend Fig Oil 1% to 100% into your hair conditioners, face creams, massage cremes, masks, or massage oils.
Add Fig Oil to your other formulations, such as rollerball serums, body lotions, hand creams, body butters, lip balms, scrubs or soaps.
The addition of anti-aging Essential Oils to Fig Seed Oil, will create a high end Facial Serum, which will out-perform the majority of commercial serums on the market.
Available at our store on etsy, where you can find our discount coupon codes.